A New Drafting Reality for Rural & Wildland Fire Fighters
Safely draft in Shallows (4”-6”) and Weeds with a Fire Ceptor - (suction separator) - New Tech
The Fire Ceptor – A Drafting Miracle for Rural and Wildland water sources that were previously considered not useable because of being shallow or had weeds
- BearsPaw ProtectaPump’s Fire Ceptor is a (Shallow Water – 4″- 6″ minimum) Suction Separator for fire pumps that instantly separates solids from liquids to avoid internal pump damage.
- How does this New Technology work in the Shallows? During the suction process, sediment, sand, etc. are instantly separated from the water at source, allowing clean water to flow to the pump while returning the sediment, sand, etc. to nature.
- Bonus: Higher flows – the Fire Ceptor ‘s technology is less restrictive than typical suction strainers, so in addition to the superior pump protection and wider versatility, pumps do not have to work as hard to produce required flows.
- No flotation or suspension is required as the Separator is designed to rest on the bottom in gravel & sand while functioning at capacity and protecting the pump.
- This level of ‘Advanced Pump Protection’ is not possible with (old tech) suction strainers.
- Weeds are also no challenge when the Fire Ceptor is fitted with the optional V-Guard.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee gives you the confidence to try it without hesitation.
The Fire Ceptor makes Rural and Wildland drafting easier because you can draft at the shoreline in the shallows and in the weeds rather than having to locate deep water and try to avoid the weeds.
Fire Chief comments on the New drafting Technology offered by the Fire Ceptor - Suction Separator
Rural Fire Chiefs confirm: When using the Fire Ceptor they can now draft in new areas previously impossible with suction strainers
“I shot a few short videos with the Fire Ceptor in the sand and weeds with some vegetation going through the pump with no sand, then we connected the low level open strainer and ran that for only 10-20 seconds to protect our pump, there was lots of sand.
I didn’t need to sell the appliance to the membership. They were very impressed as we could never draft in the location before for obvious reasons, and we now don’t need to be worried where we draft from.”
Fire Chief Rick Boehm – Thornhill, BC
Jaffray FD – Interview with Chief Dave Boreen after Demo of a Fire Ceptor 4.1H with V-Guard
Interview with Chief Dean Ford of Highlands FD
Re: Fire Ceptor 6.1V with V-Guard
The traditional use of suction ‘strainers’ for ‘pump protection’ has resulted in millions of dollars wasted for unnecessary pump repair and destruction. Typical comments we have heard are “it is simply a cost of doing business” or “we have always done it this way”. Good news, we now have an alternative to stop the damage from occurring to pumps – it’s called Fire Ceptor.
The various models of the Fire Ceptor Series utilize the advanced ‘Separator technology’, which is vastly superior than the ‘old strainer technology’. When using the Fire Ceptor, you can feel totally confident drafting in shallow water with depths of only 4-6 inches. The Ceptor (suction Nozzle) operates on the bottom in sand, gravel, dirt, mud, or a combination of these while it instantly separates the solids from the water and allows clean water only to flow through to the pumps, hoses and fittings. This process eliminates excessive wear or serious damage to pumps, that normally results in down time with costly repairs or replacement. The bottom line is that the Separator’s level of protection for pumps is revolutionary when compared to a pump ‘Strainer’.
Simply contact us and share your circumstances and objectives. We will gather any necessary additional information so we can make a recommendation for specific products along with a referral to one or more of our dealers nearest your operation(s).